Pages

Tuesday 6 July 2021

chickens in the yard an introduction

The chicken in my garden see me as their personal slave. I feed them, water them, cl an them out, I built their house and now every time they see me they expect I will do something for them. On the plus side chickens have more character than I thought possible. Each one a individual with their own quirky personality. I have 4 chickens

Mischief. The top Hen and the head of the escape committee. She is constantly trying to get over the fence to eat the neighbors plants after she has eaten all of ours.

Mayhem  The best layer and the fastest greediest bird we have. Always scratching and foraging in search of a bugs and slugs.  She lays double yoker eggs at least once a week and her eggs are much bigger than the others

Speedy  a quick little chicken who never wants to go back in the coop. I great explorer who likes getting as high as she can but has no interest in escaping the garden. She has a almost comic like start when she is setting off where she stays still but runs on the spot. 

Baby. The biggest and youngest of the chickens. She spends time sussing things out and is by far the cleverest. Apart from the fact she thinks she is still the smallest so happily takes a lower place in the pecking order. I have a feeling this will change in the near future. 
So that's the girls over the next few weeks hopefully you will get to know them pretty well. The photo is Baby. any questions just ask.

Stay safe, speak soon,

Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment